Approval of Schliesselburg coat of arms
The coat of arms was developed by the count Francisco de Santi, a friend of king-of-arms, according to the Senate decree of 1724.
On March 3rd, 1730 the coat of arms was approved by the empress Anna Ioannovna. Then it was approved by the Senate decree dated March 8th, 1730.
On May 7th, 1780 the coat of arms was approved the empress Catherine II (description: “There is a fortress on the blue background”; there is s gold key under crown above the fortress”).
May 7th, 1857 the coat of arms was reapproved by the emperor Alexander II with some additions: it was added a silver and green parts and status framing according to Kene reform.