In October 2014 Nevsky Shipyard and the Direction of State Contractor of Marine Transport Development Program signed Contract for the construction of 4 multipurpose small-draft salvage vessels of MPSV12 project.
Nevsky Shipyard got the right to conclude the given Contract having won the open competitive tender. The Tender Committee announced the result of the tender on October 3rd, 2014.
- length overall, m, about 79,85
- length between perpendiculars, m 73,39
- breadth, m 16,80
- breadth maximum (with fenders), m 17,36
- depth at midship, m 6,70
- draught at DWL, m 3,20
- draught scantling, m 4,50
- deadweight at DWL (approx.), t 320
- deadweight at draught scantling, t, about 1820
- maximum power of ME, kW 2x2600
- sailing speed, knots, ahead at not more than 3,2 m draft (mean)
at approx. 85% MCR (not less) 14
The ship is being designed and constructed to RS class: КМ Arc5  AUT2 FF2WS DYNPOS-2 SalvageShip
The vessel represents multipurpose small-draft salvage ship with two propellers, with reinforced ice class, with a raked stem and cruiser aft end, with long two tier forecastle superstructure, with forward living superstructure and engine room in amidship, with diesel propulsion plant, with two bow thrusters and one stern thruster, with «Arc5» ice category.
The vessel is intended for:
- stand-by duty, rescue duty in areas of shipping, fishing, sea oil and gas fields according to the
- search and assistance for vessels in distress;
- rescue, ship-repair and diving works at depth not more than 60 m, also diving works with underwater welding and cutting;
- towing service of damaged vessels and objects to shelter area, and also providing sea towing of vessels, floating objects and constructions in ice conditions and at open water;
- fire fighting of burning fuel on water, service emergency oil and oil product spills response;
- search and inspection of underwater potential accident objects;
- search, rescue, evacuation and placing of people, providing first aid to injured persons;
- providing assistance at fire fighting at floating and coastal objects accessible from sea;
- delivery and offloading of different cargoes including general cargo, off-shore containers, liquid cargo, etc;
- staff delivery;
- ROV of working class with depth up to 3000 m service.