On threshold of the anniversary – the 75th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War, the veterans of Nevsky Shipyard took part in benefit "Trip of rmemory" organized by North-Western Shipping Company (now Volga shipping company) and the cruiser company «Vodohod» for the veterans and the citizens of the sieged Leningrad on cruise motor vessel «Leonid Sobolev».
The participants of “Trip of memory” made the voyage along the river Neva in Ladoga lake.
The participants lowered wreaths to water in the place of «the Road of Life» in tribute to the memory of the feat of the soldiers and war workers who have defended Leningrad during fascist blockage.
The Nazi siege of Leningrad, the Soviet Union's second largest city after Moscow, began on September 8, 1941 and lasted until January 27, 1944 (though the blockade was partially breached on January 18, 1943). Isolated from the outer world, the city lacked food and fuel. Lake Ladoga was the city's only link with the outside world, ensuring that precarious deliveries of urgent supplies could be made by water in summer and over ice in winter.
We remember, we are proud…