Due to information of Marine Salvage Service of Rosmorrechflot, on 12-13.01.2016 MPSV07 multifunctional 4MW salvage vessel "Spasatel Karev" carried out assistance and emergency towage of m/v "Yangtze River" that lose running ability and the distance 24 miles from Novorossiysk port.
As for information from site of Marine Salvage Service of Rosmorrechflot, on 12.01.2016 at 00:15 director of "Wilhelmsen Ship Service" agency company asked Captain of Novorossiysk port to nominate a tugboat for towage of Panama vessel "Yangtze River" at the region of the Novorossiysk port. emergency vessel was at the distance of 24 miles from the port; she lose running ability due to main engine failure. Weather in the region was: wind SSE 13-18 m/sec, waves up to 5 m. It was decided to use MPSV07 "Spasatel Karev" and salvage tug "Mercury" for effecting towage operation.
01:30. MPSV07 "Spasatel Karev" that was on duty at the Kerch Strait departure towards the emergency vessel. Same moment tug-boat "Mercury" was sent from the Novorossiysk port for assistance.
21:20. MPSV07 "Spasatel Karev" reached the emergency vessel "Yangtze River" and started her towage to the South waiting for the better weather. 13:20, 13.01.2016 the towage of "Yangtze River" was completed successfully. Crews of the salvage vessels demonstrated fine level of marine training, proper and operative activity. During salvage operation no crew members have suffered.
"Spasatel Karev" is a unique multifunctional salvage vessel by her equipment and available technology; she was built by order of FSUC "State Customer Management of Maritime Transport Development Programs" of the Federal Agency of Maritime and River Transport of the Russian Federation. Vessel was built in behalf of "State Marine Emergency Salvage, Rescue and Pollution Prevention Coordination Service of the Russian Federation" (FBE SMPCSA).
Vessel's project was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
Multifunction Arctic salvage vessels of MPSV07 prj. are to carry out operations as follows:
• patrolling and emergency salvage duty at the navigation regions, fishing regions, oil and gas marine recovery regions;
• give technical support and help in the regions dangerous for navigation and marine products catching, servicing of terminal transport operations;
• search and help vessels in distress;
• search, salvage, evacuation operations for people, rendering medical aid for people;
• taking emergency vessels off groundings and reefs, pumping out vessels' flooded spaces;
• towage of emergency vessels and objects to the place of refuge, also fulfillment marine towage of vessels and floating objects, including ice towages;
• fulfillment of marine salvage operations, including in ice conditions;
• give assistance in fire combating on floating objects and coastal ones accessible from seaside;
• rear and technical service, including underwater diving works at the depth till 60 m;
• fire-extinguishing of burning oil on water surface, elimination of marine oil spills (LARN);
• survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects;
• investigation of sea floor and damaged objects when depth is less than 1000 m.
MPSV07 vessels have unrestricted navigation area, including sailing by the Northern Marine Way. For this purpose, the requirements of the Rules of RMRS, existing international conventions and "Requirements for construction and equipment of vessels sailing by the Northern Marine Way" have been fully taken into account during the designing and construction. For example, all the fuel, oil and other tanks with liquid pollutants are located in such way that the tank content doesn't contact with the outer shell.
Source of the news: Marine Engineering Bureau