According to Rosmorrechflot’s Sea Rescue Service the Multi-purpose Arctic salvage vessel "Spasatel Demidov" 4 MW, project MPSV07 (build by Nevsky Shipyard, Schliesselburg) has raised the Il-2 from the bottom of the Kerch Strait.
On the 13th of April the Azov-Black Sea branch of the FBU "Rosmorrechflot’s Sea Rescue Service " and LLC "Fertoing" began the operation of lifting of the aircrafts, which were crushed during the Second World War. Those planes were discovered in autumn of 2015. After the diving operation had been completed, the crew of the vessel of project MPSV07 project "Spasatel Demidov" successfully completed the final stage of lifting the Il-2 from the seabed to the deck of the ship. The remains of the pilot were not found in the cockpit.
The Multi-purpose Arctic salvage vessel "Spasatel Demidov" of the project MPSV07 now is situated at the place of discovery of the second plane and is waiting for good metrological environment for lifting.
According to Fontanka, there are three discovered planes IL-2 on the sea bottom. Expedition of Kronstadt Naval Museum consists of military historians, searchers and journalists. The searching group performs such tasks as inspection and safe lifting of the discovered planes, establishing the names of their crews and the possible reburial of the remains of the dead pilots. The experts suggest that the found planes were crushed down in 1943 in the Kerch-Eltigen Operation. Final identification of the planes, the remains of their crews and the circumstances of their death will be held in Gelendzhik by the representatives of the military-patriotic club "Podvig".
Multifunction Arctic salvage vessels of MPSV07 prj. are to carry out operations as follows:
• patrolling and emergency salvage duty at the navigation regions, fishing regions, oil and gas marine recovery regions
• give technical support and help in the regions dangerous for navigation and marine products catching, servicing of terminal transport operations
• search and help vessels in distress
• search, salvage, evacuation operations for people, rendering medical aid for people
• taking emergency vessels off groundings and reefs, pumping out vessels' flooded spaces
• towage of emergency vessels and objects to the place of refuge, also fulfillment marine towage of vessels and floating objects, including ice towages
• fulfillment of marine salvage operations, including in ice conditions
• give assistance in fire combating on floating objects and coastal ones accessible from seaside
• rear and technical service, including underwater diving works at the depth till 60 m
• fire-extinguishing of burning oil on water surface, elimination of marine oil spills (LARN)
• survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects
• investigation of sea floor and damaged objects when depth is less than 1000 m.
The sourse: MIB