On the 11th of March 2016, the solemn flag hoisting ceremony on the multipurpose salvage vessel “SPASATEL DEMIDOV” (MPSV07), which was built at the Nevsky Shipyard, took place in Novorossiysk.
The photo source – web-site of Rosmorrechflot’s Sea Rescue Service
The ceremony was held on the berth of Azov and Black Sea Branch of Rosmorrechflot’s Sea Rescue Service.
Among the guests and participants of the ceremony there were delegations from Black Sea and Azov Seaports Administrations, the leadership of The Sea Rescue Service of Rosmorrechflot and representatives of administration of Novorossiysk. The Captain of “Spasatel Demidov” A.F. Kaganovich showed the guests living accommodation, deck-bridge, and machine space and told them about the potential of the new salvage vessel.
The vessel was built by Nevsky Shipyard.
Spasatel Karev" is a unique multifunctional Arctic salvage vessel by her equipment and available technology; she was built by order of FSUC "State Customer Management of Maritime Transport Development Programs" of the Federal Agency of Maritime and River Transport of the Russian Federation.
For the moment the vessels of this series are the largest and the most significant in comparison with the other built at the Russian shipyards at the expense of the Federal special-propose program for transport improving for 2010-2015.
Vessel's project was designed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
Multifunction Arctic salvage vessels of MPSV07 prj. are to carry out operations as follows:
• patrolling and emergency salvage duty at the navigation regions, fishing regions, oil and gas marine recovery regions;
• give technical support and help in the regions dangerous for navigation and marine products catching, servicing of terminal transport operations;
• search and help vessels in distress;
• search, salvage, evacuation operations for people, rendering medical aid for people;
• taking emergency vessels off groundings and reefs, pumping out vessels' flooded spaces;
• towage of emergency vessels and objects to the place of refuge, also fulfillment marine towage of vessels and floating objects, including ice towages;
• fulfillment of marine salvage operations, including in ice conditions;
• give assistance in fire combating on floating objects and coastal ones accessible from seaside;
• rear and technical service, including underwater diving works at the depth till 60 m;
• fire-extinguishing of burning oil on water surface, elimination of marine oil spills (LARN);
• survey and cleaning underwater hull part of vessels, floating and coastal objects;
• investigation of sea floor and damaged objects when depth is less than 1000 m.